There are THREE Categories to enter: Largest Snapper, Largest Combined Weight of Three Red Snapper, and Largest Edible Fish. You can add them individually or pick a combined entry option. In addition, you can enter the Women's Division or the Junior Division as well and can add them to your cart from the online store.
1) IGFA Rules - there will be an independent rule master, and by entering the tournament all fishermen agree to abide by the rules and will submit to the decision of the rule master without recourse. Fishing can begin at Sunrise on 6/16. The boat must be behind the jetties before sunrise.
2) Entry must provide us with a 1099 form prior to any funds being distributed to award winners. The awards will be distributed to the entry of record.
3) Prize money will come from entry fees, the tournament requires a minimum of 15 boat entries to run. If 15 boats are not signed up, then entry fees will be refunded to participants or donated to the reef project at the participants discretion. A portion will go to benefit the Okaloosa County Artificial Reef Project through the Emerald Coast Reef Association, and the remainder will be split 75% for first place and 25% for second place for all categories.
4) The entry fee is for THE BOAT. Anyone on the boat is a participant in the tournament (except for Spear fishing).
5) You get to KEEP what you catch. You do not have to fish every day.
6) The weigh-in's, captain's meeting, and awards fish fry will be at RICK'S ON THE ISLAND on Okaloosa Island. They have a large T-dock that can accommodate any boat or you can drive your fish in by car to weigh it. If you miss the weigh-in time one day, you can bring it the next. Be sure you have the picture with the card to show when you caught it.
7) The weigh-in's will be from 3-5 on both Friday and Saturday, and from 12-2 on Sunday. Rick's can cook your catch if you'd like and is having music both Friday and Saturday evening starting at 6.
8) The awards fish fry will start at 3pm on Sunday at Rick's On the Island. Please bring your crew, wives, children and friends and purchase the extra tickets on the website prior to the fish fry so we will know how much fish to have.
9) READ THROUGH ALL THE CATEGORIES BEFORE PURCHASING> The other categories are in addition to this category, but you must enter this category to participate. There are COMBINATION ENTRY OPTIONS where you can enter all three categories for a discounted price as well as get other benefits. Read and see what you like.
10) Spear fishing is completely separate. There is a different entry for that category. Spear fishing participants will only compete with other spear fishing participants. Again, minimum of 15 entries for the category or it will not be ran and the entry fees will be refunded or donated to the reef project at the competitors discretion.
11) Tournament begins at Sunrise on Friday until 2pm on Sunday
12) Mandatory Captain's meeting will be at Rick's on the Island, Thursday 6pm. One representative from each boat must be present.
13) IF you are interested in having YOUR OWN PRIVATE REEF, there is a combination entry option for that! The county program is working with us to help get private, 8 foot tall concrete pyramids deployed for private individuals who participate in the tournament. THIS IS A LOT CHEAPER THAN TRYING TO DO THIS ON YOUR OWN!
14) TWO GEORGE'S MARINA in SHALIMAR is offering 10% DISCOUNT ON GAS to tournament participants during the WEEKEND of the tournament. You must show your confirmation of purchase!
15) We will be providing each boat with fishing cards to take a picture with your potential winning fish in order to provide proof of the catch time
16) Take Videos of the catches! We will have prizes for best videos submitted!
17) The captain for each boat is responsible for their own boat and crew and will sign a hold harmless at the Captain's meeting. Their decision to go out is at their own risk regardless of weather or other conditions.
Let's have some fun and get more reefs deployed!